Catalogue No. 1465
This is a late 17th century (c.1680) oak coffer, constructed with a single plank top and solid plank ends. The front is of panelled construction, having three panels that are inlaid with a geometric design. The lid opens to reveal a clean interior, fitted with a candle box to the left side. The coffer retains it's original lock and hasp. The coffer is in very good condition. There is one repair to the front edge of the top and the feet show a little wear, which is commensurate of it's age.
134 x 49 x 68 cm (W x D x H)