Catalogue No. 1705
This is an early 20th century Edwardian mahogany display cabinet. The cabinet has satinwood dentil inlays to the cornice and satinwood and ebony line inlay to the sides, front and lower shelf. The doors have glazing bars forming a geometric pattern, that are edged with satinwood, the lower part of the doors have solid panels. The doors open to reveal a single fixed shelf and a cupboard area behind the solid panels at the bottom of the doors. The cabinet stands on square tapered legs, terminating in spade feet, joined by a useful serpentine shaped lower shelf. The doors are fitted with a key. The original fabric lining has a few marks but is generally very clean.
The cabinet has an internal depth of 29cm
113 x 39 x 174 cm (W x D x H)